A little bit about Me
A Professional index futures trader. Have traded at the NSE and the NYSE as also a few Middle Eastern bourses.Made my first trade in 1998.
- Full time professional Trader– First and Foremost. All other things come next.
- Manage a Professional trading room dealing in index futures and commodities.
- Owner of a proprietary futures trading firm
- Counsellor and mentor to a few select accounts.
How I got there:
- Proprietary trader– Training mostly received through trading with other professionals in different exchanges
- Analyst– Not the kind you see on TV. But have spent hours testing systems, setups, indicators and strategies to have a fairly good idea on what works and what does not in different environments.
- Trainer– Have spoken to and worked with a lot of newbie traders to understand the psyche and the pitfalls
The Vtrender advantage:
- Simple system– Over the years have found a simple way to understand the markets and buyer seller behavior.Trading is a business and has to be treated as one.
- The Teaching– No holding back. The business of trading is learnt only by sharing what you know.Give what you would like to get more of.
- Communication– In this fast moving world and an even faster market, you have to reach out quickly to get correct answers. We have the medium to get you the answers as soon as you have the question.
- Community– Trading cannot happen in a vacuum. Reach out to other opinions and ideas whilst trading your own plan.
Operate mostly through the handle- Vtrender. People I have interacted with know me by my first name Shai.I am not one to want my picture front and center.I prefer that traders focus on what I am trying to share rather than who I am and what I have or have not.
Most traders think the important element in success is knowledge. In my trading career I have found that correct knowledge and the ability to change behavior are the most important parts of successful trading. Correct knowledge without behavior modification projects improper execution of an otherwise perfect trading plan.
Even if Sachin Tendulkar walked you through every step from facing the ball to executing the shot, you would still not score like him. It's always in you. If that makes sense, why care who I am?
Having said that, I'm here to provide you part 1 (the correct knowledge) – for you to modify your behavior and tweak it to your advantage.
- Journal-The website is a journal for me to review my train of thought and approach.
- Link– To provide a good understanding on the role of the "big boys" as they operate in an environment as your own.If you can't beat them, join them!
- Illustrate– To illustrate that trading is a business. There are no winners or losers here or even rights or wrongs.Every trade is an opportunity and the best part is that the next one will still knock on your door!.